GDB doesn't respond BREAK etc commands

From: thorn101
Subject: GDB doesn't respond BREAK etc commands
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 06:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

While using gdb under emacs C-c C-c (BREAK) or C-c C-z (STOP) don't seem to
work.
The application that I'm debugging keeps running, only thing that partially
works is using KILL from the menu, but then I can't get the gud prompt back.

When using any of the commands (other than KILL), they just get echoed back
to the gud.

So every time I have to stop the debugged application from running I'm
forced to kill the entire gdb buffer and restart it again with /M-x gdb/.

I'm using emacs 24.3 and gdb 7.5 and issuing the /M-x gdb -i=mi myApp/

How can I fix this.

Thanks,
Alex