RE: Bug in help-fns+.el (was Re: Completion stopped working)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bug in help-fns+.el (was Re: Completion stopped working)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:17:04 -0700

> 1. emacs -Q
> 2. type
>    (message "hello")
>    in scratch buffer
> 3. with point on 'message', do 'C-h f' and you'll see:
>    Describe function (default message):
> 4. Do 'M-x load-file RET /path/to/help-fns+.el'
> 5. with point on 'message', do 'C-h f' again and you'll see:
>    Describe function:

Thanks for the quick reply.

What happens if you hit `M-n' - what default value is inserted in the
minibuffer?  (I see `message' inserted.)

What happens if you hit `RET' - what function is described by default?  (For me
it is `message'.)

IOW, from what I see, the only difference is whether the default value is shown
in parens.  Is that what you see also?  Is that the problem, as you see it, or
is there something else?  Thx.