Re: Buffer switching hook

From: Miguel Guedes
Subject: Re: Buffer switching hook
Date: 29 Apr 2013 08:48:22 GMT

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 15:26:25 +0200, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:

> There's a switch-to-buffer command, that you could advice, but it
> probably is not all that you mean.
>
> For example, the user could change the selected window or/and the
> selected frame, and thus the current buffer, without switching to a
> different buffer in any window.

Apologies for my poor semantics. I thought my statement implied window/
frame switching because the active buffer may change (or not, i.e. same
buffer in more than one window/frame.)

> or post-command-hook.  But since those hooks are run for each command,
> including each character insertion, they must be very light.

Was hoping for an easier way of achieving this (such as a hook) but (pre/
post)-command-hook will do.

Many thanks for the help, Pascal.