Re: emacs for beginners (copy and paste)

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: emacs for beginners (copy and paste)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:43:30 -0400

On 4/12/2013 3:40 PM, Barry Margolin wrote:
In article <8e85c07f-e123-489d-9575-7de4e6063a86@googlegroups.com>,
  piconese.as@gmail.com wrote:

Hi!!! I'm starting to use EMACS and I'have a problem:

I want to copy and paste the values of alpha_eff delta_eff gamma_eff.

Look into keyboard macros. You record a sequence of keyboard commands,
and then tell Emacs to rerun them. You can tell it how many times to run
it over and over.

+1

If you're new to emacs, keyboard macros are the first 'advanced' feature you want to learn.

There are usually more elegant ways to do things if you want to write code, but keyboard macros require no coding and are perfect for one-time automation.