Cursor Invisible on Emacs / Windows Server / Citrix

From: Eric Brown
Subject: Cursor Invisible on Emacs / Windows Server / Citrix
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 15:20:31 -0500

I have a very strange problem: my cursor does not show up with the
combination shown in the subject.  However, it _does_ appear if I
connect to the Windows Server directly, e.g. when I am at work.

(Also, the cursor appears in every other application but Emacs!)

I suspect that our support team will not tweak any Citrix settings, so I
am wondering if anyone else could suggest a fix, or even another
creative way to show point.  (I thought crosshairs would work, but it's
kind of terrible for general use)

Thanks,
Eric