RE: shell-popd-regexp not working?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: shell-popd-regexp not working?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 19:39:19 -0700

> I've long used the alias `bd' for popd...

[O-T: Interesting.  A zillion years ago I chose `u' for `pushd', `o' for `popd',
and `uo' for `pushd; popd' (i.e., remove 2nd entry - since `pushd' with no arg
swaps), and I've never looked back.]

Can't help much with the Emacs question; sorry.  For me, `o' and the rest work
as usual in an Emacs shell buffer (with no customizations, e.g.,
`shell-popd-regexp' is just the default, "popd").

Does using `(o; ls bo*)' count as using `popd' in a subshell?  If so, then that
too works for me.  (I use Cygwin `bash' with Emacs on Windows.)