Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 00:43:37 -0500

Yes, any clone is a fork, but only the Privileged Few can understand
emacs' source code enough to do anything decent with it.

You can't seriously be suggesting that undo within a text editor is
not a useful feature?

I agree, ido-mode is unbearable in its default state. But with
ido-vertical-mode it's pretty great:
https://github.com/rson/ido-vertical-mode.el