python with modern IDE conveniences (completion, jump to definition...)

From: Neal Becker
Subject: python with modern IDE conveniences (completion, jump to definition...)
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 07:23:04 -0400

I've use emacs forever, and python almost as long.  While I generally like
python-mode.el, I sometimes miss modern IDE conveniences.

Is there a emacs setup that has a working, reliable completion of variables,
jump to definition, etc?  I have played with some of the emacs options, but
never fully got any working.  Some seemed overly complex - I just want
something relatively simple.  Either relying on ipython or not.