Re: Why there is an additional NOSPAM in this Yasnippet?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Why there is an additional NOSPAM in this Yasnippet?
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 20:48:17 +0200

Hongxu Chen <leftcopy.chx@gmail.com> writes:

>    I am using yasnippet but has some problems with it.
>
>    There is a snippet file in the `snippets/text-mode' directory called
>    `email', with the full contents below:
>
>     # name: (user's email)
>     # key: email
>     # --
>     `(replace-regexp-in-string "@" "@NOSPAM." user-mail-address)`
>
> So why there is a need to replace the `@' with `@NOSPAM'?

Putting @NOSPAM in the email address is a common way of trying to
confuse spammers doing address harvesting.

In this case, if you want to use your email address as-is, possibly
there are methods provided by the email client you are using for quickly
inserting it, without the need to use yasnippet.

> BTW, is there any setting that looks up ONLY the directory I customized?
> I am using this one but it STILL additionally uses the snippets insides
> `yasnippets/snippets' directory(I am using elpa to manage el packages so
> I do not like to remove or modify the snippets directory).
>
>   (setq yas-snippet-dirs "~/emacs.d/snippets")

Try moving the setq to a place before (require 'yasnippet).