Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 20:50:47 +0200

Am 09.05.2013 um 17:35 schrieb Jai Dayal:

> So, your argument boils down to "There are some emacs *extensions* I like
> that Vim may or may not have exactly", not that Vim can't do them (they
> both allow for programmable extensions, after all)

To be correct: I use vi/vim for simple file editing and I use GNU Emacs for
some things. Not knowing that vim has so many extensions and coming from vi and
being used to used I never had the idea something else than a very good editor.
So it's pure ignorance that led to my statement, and I have to commit that it's
theoretically possible (in theory, because I never have used such a pimped up
vi or vim) that GNU Emacs and vi/vim are dangerous because a super-user can
make mistakes when using them which can damage the system. OK?

--
Greetings

  Pete

If the majority of cooking accidents happen in the kitchen, then why don't we
just cook in other rooms?