Re: comint outside emacs (was Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?)

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: comint outside emacs (was Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 00:48:35 -0400

Vim has a python interpreter.. I think even natively at this point. Vim
also has the Superior Haskell Interaction Mode (SHIM) extension.

The point of Vim and Emacs is that they are extendable. You can get them to
do arbitrary things. There isn't one thing that emacs does inherently that
is impossible to do with Vim, and visa-vera. That's the point I'm trying to
get at.