Re: questions about the value of local variables

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: questions about the value of local variables
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 17:14:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hongxu Chen <leftcopy.chx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

>  I am using Emacs for some C/C++ coding.

[ .... ]

>  Still another question, is there any good practice to set the
>  variables with proper hooks in c family programming language modes?
>  There seems quite a lot of hooks there
>  (`c-initialization-hook',`cc-mode-hook', `c-mode-hook',
>  `c-mode-common-hook', etc) and I just get lost.

Well, I don't think there's a `cc-mode-hook', but the others exist,
yes.  :-)

Basic rule: put (the bulk of) your CC Mode customisations on
`c-mode-common-hook'.  If this doesn't work, you'll need one of the other
hooks.  It's all documented on page "CC Hooks" in the CC Mode manual.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).