Re: Bind right shift and TAB won't work

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Bind right shift and TAB won't work
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 02:23:00 -0600

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Aha, as this was an Emacs group, I assumed everyone used Gnus to
> access this group. I didn't know email clients were an
> alternative. Well, I guess it is no big inconvenience for me removing
> those surplus emails.

You are apparently reading these messages as the gnu.emacs.help
newsgroup.  So to you it appears to be a newsgroup.  I am reading
these messages as the help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org mailing list.  To me it
appears as a mailing list.  The problem is that it is both.

The problem is that some years ago the mailing list and the news group
were gatewayed together using a mail2news / news2mail gateway program.
Email to the mailing list is sent to the newsgroup.  Postings to the
newsgroup are emailed to the mailing list.  I think that is a bad idea
because it causes each to have the problems of the other.  But I am
often outvoted.  Here is a reference: