Re: questions about the value of local variables

From: Hongxu Chen
Subject: Re: questions about the value of local variables
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 00:36:57 +0800

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> Hongxu Chen <leftcopy.chx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>>  I am using Emacs for some C/C++ coding.
>
> [ .... ]
>
>>  Still another question, is there any good practice to set the
>>  variables with proper hooks in c family programming language modes?
>>  There seems quite a lot of hooks there
>>  (`c-initialization-hook',`cc-mode-hook', `c-mode-hook',
>>  `c-mode-common-hook', etc) and I just get lost.
>>

> Well, I don't think there's a `cc-mode-hook', but the others exist,
> yes.  :-)
Sorry that I made a mistake.

> Basic rule: put (the bulk of) your CC Mode customisations on
> `c-mode-common-hook'.  If this doesn't work, you'll need one of the other
> hooks.  It's all documented on page "CC Hooks" in the CC Mode manual.
Thanks for your advice. It seems that using the right hook really needs
quite a lot of tricks. A few days ago I was adding a keymap for one of
the command, but it didn't work until I use the
`c-initialization-hook'. Well, seems that I have to read the docs
first.

--
Regards,
Hongxu Chen