setenv and find-file

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: setenv and find-file
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:29:47 +0000

It seems like I'm seeing the following.

1. Change a shell variable via (setenv "NAME" "value").
2. Use that variable in subshells in various ways and life is fine.
   M-x ! echo ${NAME}   => value
   M-x shell            inherits the value
3. Find a file using that variable and C-x C-f uses the /previous/ value.

So, would anyone mind confirming that for me. (I'm easily confused.) Should
this be regarded as a bug?

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

If the majority of cooking accidents happen in the kitchen, then why don't we
just cook in other rooms?