Re: global-auto-revert-mode and file time stamps

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: Re: global-auto-revert-mode and file time stamps
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:54:46 +0300

On 5/21/2013 8:26 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
GNU Emacs will never automatically return to a previous state of the file.
That's left up to you. What it does is, that it warns you, that it gives you
information to make better decisions.

I don't want emacs to return the file to its previous state. global-auto-revert-mode doesn't do that, anyway. global-auto-revert-mode detects that a file has been changed on disc, and if I haven't made any edits to that file, it reverts the file _AUTOMATICALL_, without asking any questions. So that works as expected.

What doesn't work is, if only the timestamp of the file changes (touch filename), then emacs doesn't autorevert it, and instead tells me that it changed and asks whether I want to really edit it.

Hope this makes it clear...

--
Timur Aydin