Re: Is there a function to sort file names by file version number, like

From: Florian v. Savigny
Subject: Re: Is there a function to sort file names by file version number, like "ls -v"?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:01:28 -0400

Hi Sean,

thanks so much for being so helpful!

  > I don't think so, but it's easy to write one:

You call that easy ... I'm wondering how long it took you? In any
case, I honestly admire you. (It only ever LOOKS easy when I try, but
it always ends up being complicated.)

  > (defun versioned-filename-lessp (a b)
  >   (labels ((parse (str)

I was wondering about these two functions, "labels" and "parse", but
emacs does not seem to know them either. Are you assuming that some
library is loaded, maybe? (I am using Emacs 24.3.1.)

Best regards, and thanks again,

Florian