Re: Relative performance of text-properties search functions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Relative performance of text-properties search functions
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 22:44:25 +0300

> From: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 20:40:32 +0200
>
> Although my init.el has some 7000 lines and lots of headlines, the usual
> outline visibility and navigation commands work allright (although I
> actually tend to use navi-mode for navigating in such big files), there
> is no delay that makes using outline functionality uncomfortable.

I know.  I worked hard to keep the delays below humanly perceptible
threshold.  I'm just saying that you should not assume this all comes
without a price.  Make your init file larger with more lines between
headlines, use too many replacing display properties, and you will
eventually see that price.