Re: How to write (interactive) with user-selection from predefined enume

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: How to write (interactive) with user-selection from predefined enumeration? (was Re: (interactive "rP") valid?)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 20:46:39 +0200

> `Using Interactive' explains how to code such a list. As one example,
> you can use `completing-read' to read a user choice among any kind of
> completion candidates (not just names of functions, buffers, commands,
> directories, files, options, and coding systems).

Ok, thanks for the tip, 'completing-read' was the missing piece of the
puzzle for me.

> What more do you need?  The manual is your friend.

I must admit I don't find everything so crystal clear and obvious in the
Elisp manual as you describe it here. Especially in the section about
(interactive), more and more comples examples would be helpful. On the
other hand, a 1000page manual is already thick enough, so I would not
call that a bug.

--
cheers,
Thorsten