Re: Emacs + sql-postgres

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Emacs + sql-postgres
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:45:40 +0400

On 29/05/2013 11:22 +0400, Pascal c wrote:

> If I use sql-postgres, I got the prompt to entry my user, host and database.
> Then I got the prompt from psql to entry my password. But this doesn't
> work.
> I got the following state :
>
> Password for user  postgres:
> psql: FATAL:  Passwort-Authentifizierung f³r Benutzer ╗ postgres½
> fehlgeschlagen

The simplest case is using cygwin Postgres (with psql) from cygwin
Emacs.  Try that, if that does not work then probably you have some
authentication problems.

As for issuing commands, you can do that either from interactive sql
buffer, which runs psql and therefore accepts its commands, or from any
sql buffer which have an associated interactive buffer (then commands
like `C-c C-r' for sending a query to the interactive buffer apply).

`sql-set-sqli-buffer' allows to choose such an interactive buffer.
`sql-set-product' with an argument of `sql-postgres' may be required
before `sql-set-sqli-buffer'.

Filipp