RE: Reverting but keeping undo

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Reverting but keeping undo
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:26:19 -0700 (PDT)

> I can easily think of reasons why it's good.
> I control compilation with file variables.
> If I change the file variables, a revert makes Emacs aware of the new
> values.  I certainly don't want to lose my undo history.
>
> I say, great change.

I've already said that I think it is good for users to be able to hold onto
undo history when reverting.  Be _able_ to.

As a matter of fact, as one user, I have used this feature for quite a while,
ever since the original post of the code (command `revert-buffer-keep-undo') on
Emacs Wiki.

What should have been discussed, and is not necessarily a good change, is
replacing `revert-buffer' with this behavior, useful as it might be and
preferred as it might be for interactive use by some users (including me).