Re: Using punctuation in abbrev

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using punctuation in abbrev
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 19:27:37 +0200

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

>>> * If you are running Emacs on X11, you can hack your XKB
>>> configuration […]
>>
>> ... I don't see why this should be done outside Emacs, if Emacs
>> is the place, where the OP wants to use it?
>
> Because if I were OP I would want to have access to special
> characters all over the system, not just Emacs.

Why? There is no reason to do programming and/or tech writing
outside Emacs, if Emacs is the place you normally do it. Also,
Emacs - with Elisp - gives you the tools to setup the execution of
such tasks.

The shell CLI should be used for the batch tools - sed, units,
those things - all typing, and editing, should be done in the
editor.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573