Re: Resume-ing a query-replace

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Resume-ing a query-replace
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 08:10:56 -0400

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Alan <wehmann@fnal.gov> wrote:
> On Sunday, June 2, 2013 6:41:03 AM UTC-5, Tim Visher wrote:

>> > Have you considered command "repeat-complex-command"?
>>
>> The only way that would be useful is if you've done nothing else since
>> the last query-replace operation. It might be helpful, but probably
>> not.
>>
> "repeat-complex-command" can refer to more than just the last executed
> command.  One can even use a regexp to specify which command to go back to.
> Interactive function "command-history" illustrates the possibilities.

Wow. Another really useful Emacs feature I had no idea existed!

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Repetition.html

When you initially responded I thought that repeat-complex-command was
what executed when I typed `C-x z`.

Notably, I suppose, is that isearch commands are not typically
included in that list, but they can be made to be.

Thanks!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.