Re: Using punctuation in abbrev

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using punctuation in abbrev
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 23:12:36 +0200

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Because if I were OP I would want to have access to special
>>> characters all over the system, not just Emacs.
>>
>> Why? There is no reason to do programming and/or tech writing
>> outside Emacs, if Emacs is the place you normally do it. Also,
>> Emacs - with Elisp - gives you the tools to setup the execution
>> of such tasks.
>
> Because such things may need to be discussed with other people,
> and this involves an email client, a web browser, an instant
> messenger, or any combination of the above. Yes, I’m aware Emacs
> has solutions for each of those, and no, I do not want to give
> up Firefox, Thunderbird and Gajim. That’s what I meant when I
> said I believe in an operating system/environment outside Emacs.

Well, if you use all those applications, a lot of things will be
different in a lot of ways. If you have no problem with that, you
might say that input is unique in the sense that with everything
else not so, at least input should be consistent, always and
everywhere. In that sense, I agree.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573