Re: How to make my sent messages shown in a thread?

From: Hongxu Chen
Subject: Re: How to make my sent messages shown in a thread?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:25:40 +0800

Hongxu Chen <leftcopy.chx@gmail.com> writes:

> Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:
>
>> Hongxu Chen <leftcopy.chx@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I am using Gnus and there is a problem with it: When I send a
>>> message, it goes to the `sent' archive. But when someone else
>>> replies, I cannot see my own in the THREAD-VIEW. Yeah, I can
>>> always see the original words of ourselves if others also quote
>>> it; but is it possible for Gnus to grab my message when I am
>>> using `A T' in gnus summary buffer (just as if it is a mail list
>>> mirror)?
>>
>> Is THREAD-VIEW = gnus-summary-mode?
>
> By saying THREAD-VIEW I mean I am trying to view the mails sorted by
> thread(number, subjects, date, etc); yeah, it is in gnus-summary-mode.
>

>> In that case, I see mine, unless I read them, and then close (like
>> any other article).
>>
>> Are you saying, you *never* see your posts in the summary?
>>
>> I've put together a small page on Gnus, if you feel like comparing
>> notes. But, although Gnus works fine for me (more or less), and
>> I've spent lots of time with it, I am still somewhat of a novice.
>>
>> Anyway: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/gnus/index.html
>
> That's a nice page, thanks! I took a glance at .emacs-gnus file
> and from the screenshot I believe you are subscribing usenet. However I
> am on the mail list. Emanuel, have you ever before tried the mail list?
>
> XeCycle also mentioned the `gcc' related settings and he suggested
> some configurations for special groups. I also noticed the variable
> `gnus-message-archive-group' might be useful(I am still trying).

For the record, I succeeded to get a copy of my sent message in
`inbox' with the settings below, although it is just a workaround.

(setq gnus-gcc-mark-as-read t) ;; don't read the sent messages
(setq gnus-message-archive-group '("nnmaildir+mymailbox:sent"
"nnmaildir+mymailbox:inbox"))

The other settings can be seen at this page:
https://github.com/HongxuChen/dotfiles/blob/master/_emacs.d/config/init-gnus.el
It's far from perfect, but enough for my requirements presently.

--
Regards,
Hongxu Chen