Re: OS/X emacs now defaults to variable width font

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: OS/X emacs now defaults to variable width font
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:17:53 -0700

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

> Am 12.06.2013 um 19:16 schrieb Bruce Korb:
>
>> I am certain it is something in my new settings.
>
> I see a similar effect in the X client variants of GNU Emacs 24.1-24.3
> and 24.3.50. Dired buffers are using a proportional font, for example.
> And I am also on Mac OS X.
>
> Since you have access to an "About" menu entry you must be using
> the NS variant of GNu Emacs. And here I don't see it…

I have no idea.  I am using the one that came with the refresh done by my IT.
I strongly prefer to do fs/kernel development and not be a sys admin.
So I'll take your word for it that I'm using the "NS variant of GNU Emacs".
Meanwhile, I'd be really happy with a normal sized font that spaces tab
characters at a full "ell" instead of 3/4 of one.  But all the
flexibility of fonts
in emacs has made font selection opaque to me.  How do I just get courier?
Thank you!  Regards, Bruce