Re: using emacs with nx

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: using emacs with nx
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:13:33 +0200

Am 13.06.2013 um 13:35 schrieb Andrew Michael Levin:

> nx is described here http://nomachine.org/

I cannot find any documentation hereā€¦ All I see is PR.

> I think the problem is related to the fact that nx is trying to use fonts
> stored on my laptop to display the emacs text.

When the X server is running on your laptop and its font path is configured
correctly, then all should work well.

Do you see the courier and helvetica fonts for example in xfontsel? Is xlsfonts
listing them? Do the font files exist in your X installation?

Is libfontconfig installed on your laptop?

--
Greetings

  Pete

One of the main causes of dust is janitors.