Re: Python-mode.el/pymacs/Python version on Emacs

From: Pablo
Subject: Re: Python-mode.el/pymacs/Python version on Emacs
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

Well..
I'm trying to get things working with pymacs. I followed some instructions
from a blog

(http://www.jesshamrick.com/2012/09/18/emacs-as-a-python-ide/)

 but i keep on running in to problems.

this is my .emacs.d/ directory:

ac-comphist.dat
auto-complete-1.3.1             pymacs-0.25/
auto-save-list                  python-mode.el-6.1.1/
color-theme-6.6.0               ropemacs-0.7/
elpa                                    settings/
fill-column-indicator-1.83      site-lisp/
highlight-current-line-0.57     tutorial

For example there is some files that should be compiled(?) with either
python or "make".
The python version that I use is 2.7.5. I have installed ipython in that
version.

So doing a python setpu.py install maybe associates pymacs to python2.7.5
but Emacs uses version 2.7.2.

When I start emacs I get:

         Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `.emacs':

          File error: Cannot open load file, pymacs

If I run a python-file from inside emacs I get the the error message:
          searching for program: no such file or directory, ipython

I have installed everything mentioned in that blog. I'm new to Emacs so I
cant really see whats wrong.

Could it be the python version that causes the problem?