Re: How to create a directory containing spaces in dired-mode?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: How to create a directory containing spaces in dired-mode?
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:21:35 -0400

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Marius Hofert
<marius.hofert@math.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Using '+' allows to create directories in dired-mode. When typing the
> name of the new directory, 'space' does not give a space. The question
> is how to get spaces in directory names then?

To add one more solution to the mix (because this feature of ido find
file and directory is to awesome to not know about!):

At the prompt, type `C-f` to get out of ido mode and drop down to
regular entry. I find this way easier than quoting each of the ` `
chars I want to insert.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.