Re: postscript printing in emacs

From: Rami A
Subject: Re: postscript printing in emacs
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, June 21, 2013 1:21:55 PM UTC-7, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 21.06.2013 um 21:58 schrieb Rami A:
>

> > I am honestly not so proficient in emacs nor lisp.
>

> And neither in English?
I decided to include the lisp part after I wrote the "not so" so I missed
including "neither" :)

> I wrote before that it's not allowed to use another formatter as
> ps-lpr-command because the ps-print and ps-spool commands already produce
> PostScript output (that you can customise). Why are you trying this again?

I am honestly lost.
I don't want to produce a postscript file.
That is not my intention.
This what I had before:
At some point I was able to choose "postscript print buffer" and it would
format the page and "print it" as if I am doing:
mp -l -s "\!*" <\!* | lp "buffer name"
from the command prompt in solaris.

Something changed in the environment and I can't do that anymore.

So I am trying to duplicate the same printing format in emacs "two pages in an
oval bold line kind of format per page".

> > I tried this:
>
> > (setq ps-lpr-command "mp")
>
> > (setq ps-lpr-switches '("-l" " -s" " | lp"))
>

> > which also did not work.
>

> And again you're not using the customisation interface of GNU Emacs (under
> the Options menu). I presume you are a human being, so you can be a lot more
> flexible than a compiled piece of software.

I am lost again. What kind of compilation you are talking about?
I just want to include some lines of lisp in my .emacs file so I can port it to
any machine and have the same printing format and functionality.
I don't prefer using the customization window for anything.
But again, maybe I am missing the actual use of this interface you are
mentioning.
Will read more about it.
Thanks.