Re: Extending 'emacs-lisp-mode' Disables 'auto-complete' for It

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Extending 'emacs-lisp-mode' Disables 'auto-complete' for It
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 03:13:31 +0200

Haroogan <haroogan@gmail.com> writes:

> Good point. Didn't know that I can do it. I'm not that pro in Emacs
> yet, so I'm not sure whether it is possible to extend all those
> features that I've added through derivation. I'm adding my elisp-mode
> as attachment, please, take a look if you have time. Can I, for
> example, extend emacs-lisp-mode with some keywords without derivation?

Yes, I think, that's exactly what `font-lock-add-keywords' does - see
its documentation - and the elisp manual, e.g. (elisp) Customizing
Keywords.

I don't yet know the logic behind your code.  What exactly do you want
to highlight - do you want functions/variables of any special kind?  I
mean, In Lisp, the layout of the code already reveals which symbols will
be interpreted as functions.  Probably that's why functions are not
highlighted.

Regards,

Michael.