Re: Display the key bindings on the screen

From: marc tfardy
Subject: Re: Display the key bindings on the screen
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:09:57 +0200

Am 24.06.13 18:30, schrieb Rustom Mody:

First, thanks at this place for all responses and your help!

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:39:39 AM UTC+5:30, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
marc tfardy < > writes:
I plan a Emacs video tutorial. For better key chords visualisation I
would like to display the pressed keys on the screen (in a window or
in a small separate frame).
Is there any package that cover this functionality?

You may want to try

   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InteractionLogMode

I tried this and could only get a blank buffer, whatever I tried.

Unfortunately, the same here - I didn't get it running. Always empty "*Emacs Log*" buffer. But CommandLog has worked. However, there is still potential for improvement. E.g. copy-to-register prints only C-x r s - the register letter is missing. I think fixing this problem could be very difficult.

--
(or greets gruesse pozdro)
tfardy