Re: Dialog from emacsclientw.exe must be dismissed (was RE: Best practic

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Dialog from emacsclientw.exe must be dismissed (was RE: Best practices for launching Emacs on Windows 7/8)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:34:48 +0200

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Ludwig, Mark <ludwig.mark@siemens.com> wrote:

> Secondly, it does not involve emacs(!).  The problem is purely in
[...]
> "Connection refused": "No connection could be made because the target
> machine actively refused it."

Hm. I'm going to borrow the cristal ball from a friend and ask: Do you
exit Emacs before turning off your computer?

As you start Windows and before trying emacsclientw.exe, if you look
at %HOME%\.emacs.d\server (whenever your %HOME% happens to be), do you
find there a file named server?

If so, does the problem disappear if you delete that file before
running emacsclientw.exe for the first time?