Customizing per-keymap key bindings through the customize interface?

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Customizing per-keymap key bindings through the customize interface?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:02:19 +0200

Hello!

Is there currently some package available that allows managing custom
key bindings on a per-keymap-basis through the `customize` interface?

I got a bit annoyed recently by losing track of all the custom
keybindings I have made, so I wrote a function, that automatically
adds an entry in a menu in global-map for every custom keybinding.
Now I am intending to extend this to utilizing the custom interface for
creating keybindings on a per-mode basis.

While relatively easy to do, I'd prefer a commonly used solution, if
there is any.

kind regards, Klaus

PS: I'm still not sure whether such questions should go to emacs-help or
emacs-devel.