Re: font-lock-keywords: matcher function not working

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: font-lock-keywords: matcher function not working
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:35:32 -0400

> Thank you again, Stefan.  However, I still don't understand.

Your function should search for the first occurrence of the thing you're
looking for, between here and ^end and only if there isn't any should it
return nil.

Instead, your current function only checks whether "here" is a spot that
matches the thing you're looking for.  Instead, when you find out that
"here" is not a match, don't return nil: try to look further instead.
This is typically done with a loop.

In your case, I wouldn't use a function anyway: I'd just use a regexp

        Stefan