Re: Configuring win32 Emacs for ipython?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Configuring win32 Emacs for ipython?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:36:25 +0300

> From: Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 12:26:26 +0530
>
> I have the following for the default python mode bundled with Emacs,
> what settings should I add for ipython support? This is for a Windows
> Emacs 24.3.
>

> The code snippets below works in sending the python code to the python
> interpreter and printing the results.

Is this a Cygwin Emacs or a native w32 Emacs?  If the former, why do
you use Windows-style file names:

> (setq python-python-command  "C:\\Anaconda\\python")

If the latter, why do you use Cygwin-style file names:

> (add-to-list 'load-path "/cygdrive/c/gnu/elisp/auto-complete/lib/popup/")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "/cygdrive/c/gnu/elisp/auto-complete/")

which a w32 Emacs does not grok?

I don't recommend mixing a w32 Emacs with a Cygwin Python, or vice
versa.  There are subtle incompatibilities between Cygwin and native
programs that might bite you.