Re: Trouble binding Alt *by itself* to the execute-extended-command...(A

From: Chris Seberino
Subject: Re: Trouble binding Alt *by itself* to the execute-extended-command...(Alt-x and ESC-x work fine.)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 13:50:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:51:18 AM UTC-5, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:

> As I proposed in my first answer, it's obviously the Execute keysym that
>
> should be used, to map to the execute-extended-command command.

Binding the Alt key to the end goal is the logical solution.  Your answer would
be the BEST one if I could get it to work.  The problem is I got burned out
trying to make Emacs understand the lone Alt key by itself.

Peter's solution was to outsource the Alt keybinding to the desktop.  By
avoiding fighting Emacs on this one it was doable for me.

cs