Re: How start on a DIFFERENT buffer when start Emacs with MANY buffers a

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How start on a DIFFERENT buffer when start Emacs with MANY buffers at the same time?
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:28:56 +0200

> Chris Seberino <cseberino@gmail.com> writes:

> Suppose you start Emacs with lots of files such as "emacs *.txt
> *.c".

and

> I've noticed that Emacs will display the LAST email in sorted
> order.  How make it display the FIRST one in sorted order?

Email? How do you mean, how is that related to the number of files
you open Emacs with?

If you are using rmail, this might help you. Although it doesn't
say in the docstring, it focuses the most recent mail in the rmail
summary (the last three lines).

(defun mail ()
  "Invoke `rmail' and maximize its summary."
  (interactive)
  (delete-other-windows)
  (rmail)
  (goto-char (point-max))
  (previous-line)
  (recenter-top-bottom -1) )

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573