emacsclient: "*ERROR*: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in mini

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: emacsclient: "*ERROR*: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer"
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 02:08:35 +0200

Hi List,

say I call emacsclient with something like

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| $ emacsclient -s server -e "(eval-buffer (find-file-noselect \"...\")"
`-----------------------------------------------------------------------

and forget a closing paren (like above) or make another silly mistake and get:

,------------------------------------
| *ERROR*: End of file during parsing
`------------------------------------

When I launch other (correct) emacsclient calls after such an error, I
often get

| *ERROR*: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer

besides that no frames or visible buffers are involved. How can I avoid
that?

--
cheers,
Thorsten