Re: How do you create a .emacs for a pre-compiled version of Emacs 24.3?

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: How do you create a .emacs for a pre-compiled version of Emacs 24.3?
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:37:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013, Ken Goldman wrote:

> HOME definitely works on Windows.
>
> On 7/13/2013 9:54 PM, sebastianeappen@gmail.com wrote:
> > I saw on the Find Init GNU Emacs manpage that the
> > HOME environment variable is where Emacs tries to find the .emacs
> > file, but I'm pretty sure that only works on GNU/Linux and/or Mac OS
> > X, not Windows. Can someone help me with this issue?

A read through of the emacs-windows.faq file states that HOME works, but
windows 7 at least isn't set up for emacs to find its .emacs file and some
registry key editing is needed.  I'll find out how well the approach
shared earlier on this list works when I have something to add to the
.emacs I created.  If it shows up as I start emacs, then this approach has
saved me registry key editing and that will be a good thing.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net> About to block another web browser version?
Ask yourself what Tim Berners-lee would do.