Re: dired error: invalid byte code

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: dired error: invalid byte code
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 01:14:31 +0200

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> For no obvious reason, my dired-create-directory function ceased to work
> with this error:
>
>   Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid byte code in
>   /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/dired-aux.elc")
>   call-interactively(dired-create-directory nil nil)

You may get such errors e.g. after upgrading Emacs when still running an
instance of the old Emacs.

You may also need to recompile some files manually.  But most of the
time, when I got such an error, restarting Emacs was enough.

BTW, what do you mean with "your" dired-create-directory function?
Did you redefine it?

Regards,

Michael.