Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:51:13 +0200

> You should tell us what exactly broke.  If you are sure that
> Emacs can be improved or repaired, file bug reports with M-x
> report-emacs-bugs RET.

No, like I said, I'm not going to try it again. I don't remember
what broke several years back. I mentioned the example with big
files and the initialization, and the installation. I don't care
if that's Emacs "fault" or not because I don't reason like that -
I care only what *is*, and what *is not*.

> 1. Don't rely on Third Party libraries particularly from Emacswiki.
> 2. Emacswiki is a great resource, but it is a big time-waster.

OK. Actually I never searched that place actively but probably
ended up there tons of time indirectly from Google.

> 3. Don't try to customize too much.

I'm going to customize *everything* down to the last
detail. Emacs, the shell, the mail client, the web browser, even
the kernel process scheduler, when I get there! That's the whole
point with everything I do with computing. This is how I
communicate with technology - because that's who I am.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573