Re: Eye strain and ergonomics

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: Eye strain and ergonomics
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:01:06 +0100

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:
>
>> That, but people are very different. Not all people get all
>> problems, no matter what they do. The human body is a biochemical
>> machine, and it is not exactly "real time" in terms of
>> predictability. Your reasoning holds *in general* but there is
>> nothing to say it must hold for every single person or pair of
>> eyes.
>
> Yes, naturally. But a person would do well not to deny that such a
> tendency exists.
>
>> If you can, try a projector. That way, you must keep your spine
>> straight, and head up. This will also benefit your posture
>> AFK. But twelve hours - that's a lot.
>
> I don't think I'll be able to, in the near future. For the time being, I
> try to make up for it with a large monitor, placed on the same level as
> my head.

FWIW
I have used computers for 8 hours per day plus for over 20 years now.
I have had no problems with eye strain or otherwise, and have always
had the monitor at head height. I have ALWAYS used a CRT monitor as
laptops i am sure do cause eye strain problems. Both my brother and
sister use computers and have had to wear glasses for sometime now.

james