Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:02:16 +0200

Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

>> And this is the case with all PLs, to various degrees. It is
>> not really a matter of intelligence.
>
> I don't think I've ever mentioned intelligence in this thread...

Juan Manuel is free of blame in this case, although I didn't know
bringing up intelligence was frown upon :)

> Not really. Its development was sponsored by the DoD, but the
> team(s) that created it (CII Honeywell Bull for Ada 80/83,
> Intermetrics for Ada 95) were from the industry.

Cool facts, but isn't that always the case? If the warlords
themselves were to develop computer systems, those systems
wouldn't do any warfare any good.

> Believe me, I use C++ as little as possible. In my list of
> preferred "modern" languages, the only one that would score even
> worse is Java.

Yes, Java is a joke.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573