Re: Ruby on Rails with emacs24

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Ruby on Rails with emacs24
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:44:15 +0200

Am 21.07.2013 15:03, schrieb Markus Grunwald:
Hello,

I'm an emacs on linux user and just starting to learn ruby on rails. I
was quite surprised that emacs support for RoR seems to be … well …
suboptimal ;)

There's a rails-mode, but that's it. I've found tons of information about
nxhtml, rinari, mumamo, rails, emacs-rails and whatnot. I read lots of
posts on www.emacswiki.org. But all of the sources that I got were from
stone age and didn't either match the current ruby nor the current emacs
version :( Some things worked fine (flymake for example, or a few
shortcuts from emacs-rails) others were completely messed up like mumamo
which auto-inserts syntax errors and spams my *Messages* buffer.

Could someone please point me to current ruby on rails support on emacs?
Or is there only the rails-mode from emacs24?

Thank you very much,
Markus

You could try

http://web-mode.org/

Don't know, how far ruby-support goes. Author of nxhtml, which did a great
work, seems not reachable any more.
Does somebody know about him?

Andres