Re: [OT, meta] markup (Re: have emacs use SIGTERM to end a process inste

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [OT, meta] markup (Re: have emacs use SIGTERM to end a process instead of SIGHUP)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:59:47 +0200

Hi Emanuel,

>> And... *drumroll* now it works?
>
> In the post you posted, the one I replied to, it looked like this:

> In my reply, this seems to be correctly referenced last in the header

Hm, at least that last one seems correct.

> However, when you said that my Gnus was broke, it didn't look like
> that to begin with, but like this:
>
> 87sizfgd3l.fsf@thinkpad.tsdh.de

That's some message id of mine, which could be correct since you've
followed up to some message of me.  But I think it referred not to the
message you've replied to but to some older message.

> I don't know, this may have something to do with the dual nature
> (newsgroup/mailing list) of GEH.

I'm really not sure, but maybe the problem is that you sent every
message as email to the list and as posting to the newsgroup...

> - from my `new-message' (pasted earlier). I don't know what, but thing
> changed *something*, because now when I mail *and* send a message to a
> newsgroup, the mail contains the following inserted message:
>
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to alt.test as well.
>
> First, I thought Gnus added this when used to send mail, but I
> tried it with both below configurations -
>
> ;; (setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent)
> (setq mail-user-agent 'message-user-agent)

That's inserted by message-mode which is also used by gnus.

> - and got the same message. And, this message did *not* appear
> with the five commented lines above active.

Bye,
Tassilo