Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:35:44 +0200

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Yes, it is. I'm not afraid of my computer.

-1: rude comment, cavalier attitude.

Eli's suggestion that "messing with such advanced stuff is not
recommended" should not be interpreted, I think, as "Don't Do It
Because You're Not Prepared Or Smart Enough". It's more like, well, if
you like to experiment so much without reading the manuals, then
please don't waste people's time asking questions; surely you'll be
able to figure it all eventually without outside help.

...And if that's not what Eli meant, certainly it is what I do mean...

Asking questions and then rating helpful answers for rudeness is... interesting.