Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:02:31 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> What you said was basically:
>>
>> "You should read, and as you don't even understand A, you
>> shouldn't mess with B, that's too advanced." (pseudo-quote, but
>> that's what you said)
>
> I said nothing of the kind.  What I said was basically "It's
> quite clear that you don't understand the issues discussed here,
> so I suggest to go read about that, and then you'd probably
> understand much better the solutions proposed to you."

I don't believe that. I think my summary is much more
accurate. Anyone can hit the archive and make up their own
minds. But, the past is the past. I'm done if you are.

But - even what you write now: apart from some confusion regarding
TTY/X terminal Emacs vs. X GUI Emacs, my understanding grew by the
post - which is natural - and how could it be in any other way? If
the person asking a question already understood everything about
it, why ask?

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573