Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 00:16:40 +0530

Emanuel

> 1) I've written answers as well. I don't know how to compute a
> ratio, if possible, but I've been active on lots of places. Here
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/users/13136/emanuel-berg
>
> you see that I have 74 answers, to 62 questions. I haven't changed
> my personality since I left that site, so I suspect I have a
> fairly even ratio here. (Except for all this meta discussion.)

Just log out of stackexchange and stackoverflow.  Forget about your
reputation.  Come over to the Emacs official forums.  I assure you will
become a better Technologist.

In this forum, there are folks who have used punch cards.  I don't think
SE or SO can boast of such *veteran* users.

Btw, helping Emacs *even* in other forums is good.  But being present on
the official forum is altogether a different experience.

ps: I am surprised to see a kick boxer who is shy of taking punches that
were given in good spirit.  Remember, you have had your share of punches
at others.  Let's all retire from the boxing ring, smile, shake hands,
have a cup of chocolate.