'make-comint' question

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: 'make-comint' question
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:42:29 +0200

Hi List,

I erase and save the buffer of an config-file for an external program
before applying 'make-comint on that program, and restore the file to
its old state afterwards:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  [...]
  (erase-config-file-for-external-process)
  (set-buffer
   (apply 'make-comint name (car cmd) nil (cdr cmd)))
  (rename-buffer "buffer-name")
  (restore-config-file-for-external-process)
  [...]
#+end_src

When I edebug my code, it does exactly what it should, and the new
inferior subprocess starts without the (unnecessary) configurations
of the erased config file, as it should.

However, when I simply run my code without debugging, the new
inferior subprocess starts _with_ the (unnecessary) configurations,
what seems quite strange to me.

Is there anything in the code example above that implies that the
execution order of the statements could be different from their
sequential ordering in the source-code?

--
cheers,
Thorsten